Wednesday, November 7, 2012

CMA's, BMI, The Highway, 'No Shave Nov.', and much more!

It's good to be back with yall, after quite a sick spell!  I just felt horrible and not up to doing anything!  But I'm better now, and trying to catch up with all that I've missed out on!!

The CMA's were awesome this year!!  Lot's of winning going on with Blake and Miranda, and they even had a first for the Awards show.... the first husband and wife to win 'song of the year' for "Over You"... a song the couple wrote about the loss of Blake's older brother years ago.  Miranda was crying big tears, and I could tell Blake was choked up, but somehow he held it together.  That was a very heart wrenching moment in the show.  One day I hope to see Casey winning that award!
All the time this was going on, Casey was co-hosting on "The Highway" XM Radio there in Nashville.  They were about 100 feet from all the action as the 'pretty people' as Casey called them, strolled the red carpet and into the Bridgestone Arena.  Casey James Weekly was kind enough to get audios of all the performances he did on "The Highway!!"  Click HERE to go to her page and listen to the whole thing!!  There were a couple of pictures that surfaced as well!  Thanks so much Jen!!
And  he was also Interviewed by Big D and Bubba on the Red Carpet!

Casey at 'The Highway' studio

Casey with the Serius XM station

Sony Nashville group celebrated with an after party at the Hermitage Hotel!

Music Row has a very good article about the whole evening!  Click the link and check it out!

Ok, I want to know how many people know that Casey sweats 'hearts'....?   Can it be??  But how???  Is he just so lovable that the powers that be puts a 'sweat heart' on him?!?  Haha!!  I know, it sounds impossible....but it's true...  Casey does sweat hearts....

Thanks to Diana G. for her lovely photo!

Thats just amazing....and I believe there are more pictures, but I'll have to locate them.  But ain't that something??  I've never seen anything like it....

Also last week, there was the BMI awards also going on in Nashville, on October 30th, just before the CMA's   And Casey was in attendance!  Here are 2 photos of him and Hunter Hayes!



Wow!!  They are both looking good all dressed up in their Sunday duds!!  I am so glad to see Hunter is finally getting some recognition for his crazy mad talent!  The kid is a walking talent machine!  He plays nearly every instrument known to man, writes his own songs, sings like an angel and all of this and he's still in his teens!  By the age of 4 he was performing with an accordian and singing in front of a live audience on the Maury Povich show!  And the oddest thing of all....none of his family is musically touched....they don't know where it came from!   I think it may be a God-given talent.... ;) 



Casey and all the band members are taking part in "No Shave November", a fundraiser event to raise money for St. Judes Childrens Research Hospital!  They are excited about this and ask that you  give what you can, if you can.  So join Team Casey to help find a cure to childhood cancer!  Click the link below to donate today!
Join Team Casey and Donate.


There are more new items at Casey's Official Merchandise page!  Check back often, they seem to be adding new things quickly!! 

And last but not least by any means....Casey was on GAC TV and was interviewed by Storme Warren.  I love this!!  Thanks a bunch to Lisa P for her videos!

Casey on GAC Top 20 with Storme Warren Part 1

Casey on GAC Top 20 with Storme Warren Part 2



Well folks.... I'm about to scoot on out of here, but before I do, I want to leave you with this beautiful instrumental called "Sleep Walk" as the lead was performed by David Kurrasch on steel guitar!!  Casey and the band joined in as well.  Oh man..... he's so talented....and they are quite the awesome band, together!!!




Ok, I'll be back soon, yall take care....

Until next time.....


4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, Glenda. I always look forward to your news about Casey. Genilu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed ya, glad you're back. That picture of Casey at BMI is unreal, don't think he could be more photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aunt Sherry...Thanks, it's good to be back! YES, I totally agree...just a stunning photo of him!! But of course I think all of them are....and we aren't biased are we?? He's just so natural looking on film, the camera just loves him...even his scrunchy face and far away guitar faces are just amazing!! He never looks bad. He was born to be a star, but you know that don't you? I get to see him 3 times the 15th-16th-17th!! I haven't seen them since CMA fest in early June! So it's gonna be so good to talk to him and the band again.

    Thanks Genilu! I do feel so much better, and I'm so glad you enjoy this, it makes me proud! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete