Thursday, November 17, 2011

Casey James plays High Noon Saloon for radio US 101 WUSY in Chattenooga!

Casey took the stage tonight at about 7:00 pm EST and it was soon obvious that Casey was talkative again!!  My.....how I love it when he does this!!  Before some of the songs he would talk a little about it, or whatever crossed his mind at the moment!  LoL!!  He talked about a lot of different things tonight, all pertaining to music, I think!  I was listening in on a conference call and the talking parts of the show were difficult to understand, but when he sang.....Wooooo he would raise the roof!!!!  And the crowd was rowdy and loud and loving what they were hearing!!!  I was applauding here in my living room....lol!!!  You could tell he was satisfying every person's personal song wish as he delivered one scorching tune after the other!!  We will have video coming later, and pictures, but I'll go ahead and tell yall....this was one Bad *** show!!!  I so wish I could have been there!!!!
Thanks to @CoolCJfan early on for this picture of the stage area where Casey was playing tonight! 
Because of twitter we got some really good feedback from the fans all during the show!!  It started off with Casey 'threatening' to play the classic southern rock tune....'Freebird'!  The crowd would have eaten that up....but he only teased them a little....as they yelled and pleaded for him to take off with it!!
He actually started his set with a bluesy tune, I had never heard him sing, called Georgia take me home.  It's an old Tab Benoit tune.  He also sang another of his songs before the night was over!!  But the crowd was WILD for what he was doing, and they kept yelling louder, screaming with passion, and even singing along at times!!!  This was a fantastic crowd, and you know Casey loved that!!!
Here are a couple pictures from twitter.....



 Thanks to Donna C. for this shot
 Thanks to Rhonda N. for this nice shot!
 Before playing 'I Lied', which we haven't heard in quite some time, he told the crowd that he had written it with Tom Petty in mind, because he has always been a fan of his!!  Ok....good to know!  Because I too have always been a Tom Petty fan!!  :)

While he was chatting away at the crowd, he confirmed that 'The Good Life' was indeed on the album!!!!!  ok  yall.....that just made my entire...... rest of the year!!!!!!  Wooo Hoooo!!!  I love that song, and have hoped it would land on that album, due out in February!!

At one point during his show he asked the crowd to make some noise....One side and then the other....and let me tell ya....they were LOUD!!!!!  I think he likes all the noise.....he almost seems uncomfortable in silent situations!  Maybe it's because he's always played in all those bars for years, where he had to sing over the chatter.....hmmm


He exited the stage a little earlier than planned because he wanted to make sure he had time for the M&G.  Some were wondering what else was left on that setlist!  I'd like to know that too!!  He sang a 12 song set as it was.....I wonder what else he might have sang.....maybe 'So Sweet' which didn't make the cut tonight....or even 'Show Me a Bridge'.  Unless somebody got the setlist, we might never know.... :)
Here is the entire list of songs, he sang, in order they were sung:

Georgia (take me home)
I Lied

The Rock
Jailhouse Blues
So High

Everybody Thinks That Your Still Mine
The Good Life
Why I'm Feeling Blue

Love The Way You Miss Me
Let's Don't Call It A Night
Old Love
Drive


This Chattanooga show was a very high energy show, even though Casey told a fan he had a fever and his throat felt scratchy.  I knew he was getting worse!  Well, bless his heart, hopefully he can get some medicine that will get him through the next two shows, in Florida, so he can go home and get to the Dr. and get some really good medicine that will work.  I hope he goes to the Dr. anyway!  Medicine you buy over the counter only helps the 'symptoms' of colds and sinus problems, it takes antibiotics to get rid of the bad stuff.
Well, my wish is that he feels better tomorrow and has a great next 2 days before heading home from this 5 day radio tour!

Here is my friend Sylvia from Alabama, whom I've known for 4 years!  Seeing this picture just warms my heart!  Casey's music and sweet nature finally convinced her to go see a show, and she is walking on sunshine from the conversation I had earlier with her!!  She just loves Casey and his very sweet nature!  And loved his show....she was nearly speechless!!   NOT!!!  She was yacking  away with me earlier all about it!!  My battery finally died on my phone and we had to hang up, or we might still be talking about what a great show this was for her!!!   I couldn't be happier!!  I think Casey has gotten at least one more fan tonight!!!  LOL!!!!  But seriously,  we know....for a fact.....he got more than one more fan....he's making fans at every stop on this radio tour!!  I'm just so happy for him!!






That is one happy gal!!  Thanks Sylvia for the pictures and for all the talk about the show!!  :)




I just ran across this one earlier on twitter, and I think it's such a cute picture, I'm not sure exactly who took it, but what a great idea!  They were tweeting it with the caption....'Can you find find the Casey boot?  Or something close to that....lol!   Thanks to whoever this pic belongs to ... I love it!!!





Earlier in the day, Casey gave a guitar lesson to the lucky winner from the radio station!  Then at the end of the lesson, he gives her the guitar and signs it!!!  Congratulations to Sarah!!!  What a great prize to win!!!  Check it all out in the video below!!  Thanks to radio station US 101!!!







UPDATED WITH NEW VIDEOS
Big Thanks to jlloy5 for all the following awesome videos!
Georgia (Take Me Home)




Old Love



Why I'm Feeling Blue


I Lied



The Good Life



Let's Don't Call It A Night



The Rock



So High


Jailhouse Blues



Drive!!




3 comments:

  1. Great post Glenda! Love how Casey is killin' it every place he goes! Your friend got some great photos with CJ! If she crops the top one just right, it will appear as if CJ's copping a feel - ha, just sayin'! I have a dirty mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my pics with Casey! I had a blast seeing him for the first time and I plan to get to more Casey shows in the future! Thanks Casey for a great nite of music and for taking time out to pose with me! A Casey fan indeed<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura!!! LOL!!! That's what I told her, except, I said it looked like 'she' was copping a feel of herself....lol....but I see where your coming from too....you dirty minded gal....hahahaha!!!

    @Sylvia, your welcome hunny, thank you for letting me post them!!! They are beautiful, and I love 'em!!! I'm so excited to see you finally got to meet him and hear him...he is so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete