Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CMA fest Part 4....the final episode....

Hey everybody!  I've had to take a little breather from the internet, it's been so hot here and I'm just not taking to it well.... it makes me so tired!  To make matters worse yesterday we saw some ticks on our dogs, and got them off, then today it seemed they were just attacked by them, so we had to get vet medicine to treat them, and they have to get a bath in a couple days!!  This is the worst I've ever seen ticks....well, I'm not even sure I've seen any ticks here, actually.  So we are getting rid of them!  I hear it's because our land is on sand....but I don't know anything for sure!



I think I left off on Saturday afternoon....well, early afternoon, when we left Big Shotz after a few hours of good friends, good drinks, good Casey Music and more good music and some very talented independent artists that know how to deliver a song! 
It was time to go, and get a bite to eat, so off we go, and we head over to Joe's Crab Shack one more time.....I have no complaints, I hear fish is brain food!!  Ha ha!!  We can  all use a little more brains!!  Anyway, we get there and have to wait because our party is so large, but it wasn't too bad.   Finally, they called us  and we all sat down, for a nice late lunch upstairs, and some more drinks!  By this time, I'm really starting to love these margaritas!  I'm only a social drinker, I've got 2 bottles of Bacardi light in my fridge, thats been there 2 years!!  I just don't drink at home, hardly ever, but I love to have a few when I go out with others! 
I'm looking everywhere, but for some reason the picture of all of us at the table that was took, is gone!  Can't seem to find it, and it was a good shot! 



Anyway, after we ate, we headed back down to the riverfront, to see Billy Ray Cyrus!  On the way, (or was it coming back...hmmm?) all of us stopped and bought a cowboy hat!  Mine was straw with denim ties on it! :)
So we head on down and the crowd is just packed in all the way to the bottom, where the stage is.  And we were so far away, I couldn't get any good pictures, so I just didn't!  But Billy Ray was certainly on fire that day!!!!   He's looking so GOOD, sounding good and......he's growing the Mullet back!!!!   Yea!!!!   I'm a huge fan of the mullet!!  I know, I'm a bit looney like that.....and I know I'm gonna  catch flack for that.....but it's true, I love that hair style on men!!!!

This stupid blogger just tried to do away with the previous stuff I wrote, but I had to post it from the last paragraph to be able to edit and keep going with the story!


So we had been talking about taking an evening cruise on the General Jackson Boat!!  I had never been on such a beautiful boat, and it was so fun!!  You couldn't even feel it when it moved....it was so smoothe!!!
We go on board, and went into the theater/dining room, and it was so awesome!!  The meal was so good, and the show was mostly a step back in time about Country Music, and the singers and dancers were so awesome at what they did!!!  I loved every second of it, and so did the rest of us!!    And I do have a few pics of that....not in the showroom, because they did not turn out at all, but I have some of the boat!











It was a fun night, and it lasted for 3 hours!  So, yep, we missed LP field again.....After this was over we headed to the hotel to rest up for tomorrow, because I was going to LP field tomorrow night, no matter what!!

So the next day was the last day of the CMA fest and I wanted to make the most of it!!  I wanted to see a guy named  Christian Kane

He was playing on the Lay's Stage at 2:00pm and I wasn't missing him for anything!!  I discovered Christian on a TV show called "Leverage".  He plays a 'bad boy' ready to fight at the drop of a hat!  And I just LOVE that show, and his character!   One time he played and sang a song as part of the show, and I was hooked!!!  Then later I found out he was actually a country music singer, with a tour schedule filling up!!   I then found out he was performing at the CMA fest, and I was elated!!!  I couldn't believe I was going to get to see him perform!!   So we get there and we're waiting and I'm snapping pictures, and getting ready to do some videos!  Well, I did get some videos, but I haven't loaded them yet, because it takes so long.....so  I will put Christians official video for his single...."House Rules" on so yall know what this talented and cute guy sounds like!!!  Check it out below!






Oh wow!!  Guess what I found??  It's the trailer of the actual clip I was talking about on Leverage where Christian actually sang.....Yes, I found it, and this is what made me take notice of him!!  I said to my hubby....Wow....this guy can sing.....I wonder if he does it professionally, and then I went to work, looking it up....and I was so excited to find out he was actually a signed artist!!!  Yay!!  Ok, check out the clip below!






Here's a few pics I got of him!  I didn't get to get a picture with him, but I did hold out my hand, and he shook my hand and thanked me, after I told him I loved his music and his show, and I would be watching!








Right after this last picture is when he talked to me.

We went to eat after we left there and back to the hotel to rest up, because I was going to LP field that night, no matter what!!! 

So after a couple hours of relaxing we got ready to go and took off to LP field!   And now I wish I'd mustered up enough energy to go to all of them....because that show was over the top awesome!!!!

I believe the JaneDear Girls were on when we got there!  They are a cute little duo.... and here is their video....

JaneDear Girls~Wildflowers

Then it was The Band Perry...

If I Die Young

The Eli Young Band...

Crazy Girl

Darius Rucker~who by the way was the lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish, and still, even though he has come over to country, this song is still my all time Darius favorite!

Let Her Cry

Jimmy Wayne

Do You Believe Me Now

Blake Shelton

Honey Bee

Miranda Lambert

White Liar

Tracy Lawrence

Paint Me A Birmingham

Taylor Swift

Mean

For the most part, all the above videos are my favorites songs by the Artists I saw on LP Field that night!!  If I was gonna see at least 1 show from LP field, this was the best one, because of the lineup....loved 'em all!!!  All in all, this CMA fest was one awesome time for me, and I'm so fortunate and blessed I was able to take part in it!!  I plan on going back next year, and hope a few more Casey Fans will join us!!!

Ok, seriously, I gotta get out of here, I'm so tired!!!  Yall check back in a couple days!

Thanks Yall.....

until next time.....

2 comments: