Friday, March 18, 2011

Lots of Grand Rapids stuff and Casey James is in Bloomington, Illinois tonight!

Wow!!   Talk about media attention!!!  Casey is certainly getting plenty of that!!!  The show last night in Grand Rapids, Mi. was over the top awesome from what we're hearing!!!  At this time I am still tracking down FAN photos from Grand Rapids!  But we do have two AWESOME shots by the media!!  Check one of them out now......
Casey was looking good with that hair wet!!

Thanks to Julie Magee Boehr for this awesome shot from Grand Rapids last night!
The Sioux City Journal did a nice article on Casey in advance of their show tomorrow night!    Casey tells them he was thrown back into 'reality' after American Idol and had this to say:

“It was back to taking care of business and deciding what to do next,” he says by phone from the road. “It was up to me to decide what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go.”

He says he was contacted and many record companies were interested in him, but only one felt right.....  Casey said Sony Nashville was the one.

“Country music was where I fit. When I was growing up, it was what I listened to. It made sense.”

Casey goes on to say that becoming an artist was much more difficult than what people think.  He goes on to say....
“We’ve got a good chunk of the songs written, but I want to be sure they’re the right ones.”

“I’ve been blessed with the ability to write and to get to work with a bunch of writers from Nashville,” he says. “I really want this CD to be good.”

To read the whole awesome story by Bruce R Miller, click on the link below!


"Casey James explores 'life' after Idol


One of Casey's big fans from the area, was at the show in Grand Rapids last night and has done a complete recap for us!!!  Love these!!!!  If you want to read all about Jennifer's Casey Adventure, click  "HERE"

I am just so excited for Casey, about all this attention!!!  I knew it would happen and I couldn't be more proud of him or for him!! 

And then, this new information came to me last night, but I was too tired to post it.  So I will do it now!!  But the BIG news is.....CASEY is Writing with KRISTIAN BUSH, of Sugarland!!!  It was nearly covered up by a Sugarland interview with Sugarland's Kristian Bush.  But it was found, and if you want to read the whole story leading up to what Kristian says to Pantagraph.com ....click  "HERE"    That is so awesome to hear about!!!!  Can you imagine the collaboration they are going to create together???   I can't wait to hear it!!!!!  And I can assure you, I'm about 95% sure that will land on somebody's album!!!  And I just thought of something earlier and don't know the answer to this question.  So I'll just put it out there and if anyone knows the answer to the question, just comment and let me know.  My question:  If two singers are writing together, who gets to record it, if it's great material??  How does that work??  Does it belong to the person who asked for the writing session, with of course roylties going to the other for a co-write??  I had never thought of this before and now I have to know the answer!! lol....

Ok, there was another picture taken last night that is so awesome, some have been quoted as saying 'this needs to come with a warning attached'!! LOL!!!  I think this shows the people what he is so passionate about.....his Music!!!!

BIG Thank you's to Bruce Miller for this off the charts awesome photo!!!!

The Grand Rapids Press's Lorilee Craker had nothing but praise for our own Casey James, as she had a very nice article about the whole show, which is a fantastic read!!  But here is what she said about Casey:
Opening the show was Casey James, the dude who should have won “American Idol” last year, but instead came in third and scored a country music deal and a nice gig opening for Sugarland. James, a bluesy throwback to the ’70s, delivered an enjoyable but too-short set of juke-joint piano numbers with blazing guitars, a slow-dancer called “Let’s Don’t Call it a Night,” and the radio-ready “Drive,” perfect for the open road on a warm country night. It sounds like a future hit to me.  For the full story click>>>  "HERE"

E-mail the author of this story: yourlife@grpress.com



And....since she was kind enough to leave her email, whoever can, send an email and thank her for all the kind words about our sweet boy from Texas who blew her socks off!!!  :)  I am!!!

Ok, I'm still trying to find video from Grand Rapids last night, so if you know how I can get my hands on one, please email me at  redbird49tex@gmail.com  and let me know!!!  Thanks yall!!!

And.....before I forget AGAIN..... Here are the names of Casey's Band Members and what instrument they play!!

David LaBruyere-Bass

Nir Zidkyahu-Drums

Billy Nobel-Keyboards



I will be back later if I find videos and pics.....until then..........

I found Videos....finally!!  It's been a few days, but these were worth the wait!!  Very up close and the sound is superb!!!  Big 'ole thanks to jlloy5 for these great videos!!!




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Glenda, I e-mailed Lorilee Craker and thanked her for her kind words. I am so happy to see the response and new fans he is getting on this tour. As usual you have done another great post. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Hun!!! I too am so excited about the attention he is getting because so many new people are seeing him perform that have never heard of him!!! And I'm loving the media attention!!! It's awesome!!! And I thank Sugarland so much for bringing him in on this breathtaking tour!!! Best thing that could have happened to him!!! Thanks so much for emailing that lady!!! I hope alot of my readers did too!!

    ReplyDelete