Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Country Music Association, Casey in Southwest Blues....and tornados!!!

Hey yall!!  It's flooding in Texas!!  We got about 7 1/2 inches here in Hillsboro!  Dallas was really bad.....one man lost his life by going around the barricades and drowned in the flood waters!  It's awful everywhere but worse around Dallas.  It's flooding some in Ft. Worth too, but Casey and his family are ok, as far as I can tell.  It should be gone by tomorrow evening!  I noticed last night that there must be a hole in the roof because my wash room is leaking water from the air conditioner vent....so.....guess we'll be getting a new roof soon, and until then, it's buckets and towels....wish me luck!

Ok, I'm going to get right on with the important stuff....Casey James!!  There are alot of things we, the fans, can do to help keep the buzz going about Casey.  One of them is to follow the CMA on twitter, if you have one.  Their twitter name is  @CountryMusic  and on Facebook their name is  Country Music Association   and you just 'like' the page.  We all need to ask them to have Casey on as a presenter or a performer for this years CMA Awards show to be aired live on Nov. 10th.  It comes on at 8/7central time on the ABC network.  They showcase up and coming new artists on the show by letting them perform for about 1 minute just before the commercials.  But weather he performs or not, he will be in attendance!  It would be perfect if his single would drop before this date to keep the buzz going about him!!  So set your clocks and don't miss this, it is so awesome to watch!!  I will be reminding yall too from time to time so as not to miss it!!  I know some of you have never had any urge to listen,much less, watch a Country Music show but it has really changed over the years and is quite acceptable to most people these days, because it is such a wide open space and there are all kinds of Country Music these days!  Check out their website "HERE" to see all the nominations this year!!


I don't want yall to be confused about this single and CD business.  Most of you probably know, but for those of you who don't know.....Sony will be releasing his 1st song from the new album before the album is finished.  They will be working on getting that 1st one to radio as quickly as possible....I'm sure!  And after the single is released he will continue to work on his album, which will drop a while after the 1st single.  Alot of it depends too, on how well that single does.  Usually an album will be released sometime after they drop the 2nd single!  And when it's all finished and ready, his label will already have a 'drop date' ready.....and we will know it way beforehand because we will all be buzzing about it, and it's always on a Tuesday and always with no other artist releasing one that day.   And the latter is very important, because we all want his album to debut at #1, and in order to do that, his has to be the only album being released that day.  So, sometimes the 'drop' dates have to be changed, if a superstar is releasing their album that day, because it would certainly not debut at #1 if a superstar released theirs that day.   
 

Shortly after his 1st song (single) is released they will start to work on the video for the song.  That is when we will need to be in contact with "CMT" and "GAC", the country music television channels which play the artists videos.  They both do something called "Top 20 Countdown" every week, (Friday night) and there's a place on their website where you go and vote for your favorite video and try and get it into, and running down the countdown all the way to #1!!   Both links will be on the sidebar here very soon, but for now, just click their links above to check them out!  Both showcase artists and their videos but GAC does a much better job of it, in my opinion anyway.  They will do stories on the artists, and yes, Casey will get his chance to be on both shows very soon.  GAC also does something called "Backstory", (don't know if CMT does) that showcases an artist and how they came to be in the music business, and yes, Casey will definitely be on that since he has a breathtaking backstory.  So all these things we can look forward to, and we just have to keep up with all these sites until Casey has an "Official Fanclub" online.  Then alot of it will be placed there.  But you can always just come here and use the links I'm going to place here, so it will be easier for all of you!

I believe it's time to dress the page up a little....check him out!!!
Big Thanks to Debi Adams for this great shot with the fans!!


And.....one more for good measure.....lol....







 




 








Well shucks......why not just one more.....love this one....well, I love 'em all, but this one is just so........so.........Casey!!  In the moment!!!!!  puurrrrrr..... lol...


 Jenn Johnston....I have to hand it to ya.....these are some of the greatest shots I've ever seen of Casey and if you're not a professional photographer, you should think about doing it....because you seem to have the knack for capturing that all important "moment".  Thank you again so much for these breathtaking photos!!!


Now.....my friend and awesome writer, Sheryl, has done a fantastic piece on Casey and it's published in the "Southwest Blues" magazine.  And I will put the link here for all of you to check this out!! 

"Casey James Southwest Blues~Sept.-Oct."

Ok, I'm gonna post a couple more goodies and get off here for awhile.  If anything important comes in, I'll be back to update!!


Once again....great big thanks going out to ConcertCameraCat for these fabulous videos below from Casey's last show of the tour in Indianapolis, Indiana.  The duet link wasn't working earlier, so for those of you who tried to view it and it didn't work, it does now.....sorry!


"HYERLAW in Indianapolis, In.~the last show"


"It's All Over Now~Indianapolis, In.~ the last show"


Oh, and before I forget!!   "Country Weekly Magazine"   is having their "Country's Sexiest Man" contest and we need to vote for our Casey, but in order to do that, you must go to the bottom of the page and write in his name and vote for him like that!!  That would be so cool, if he won without a picture!!!  hahaha!!  Sign up with multiple emails to get more votes in for him.  And see if you can get some friends or family to help out as well!   Also, you must sign up with CMT and GAC to access their voting and such!

Later taters...... :D

Yall might not believe this but.....I'm sitting right here in my living room, watching on TV, a tornado on the ground 3 miles south of Seagoville, Tx.!!!!!!  Seagoville is east of Dallas, it's a big one too, I hope everyone is safe and hunkered down!!!!  I will update you as soon as I can.....geezzz  I used to live there......

Well, the bad weather has moved on north east!  I hope everyone in it's path stays safe, this is a bad one!  
Yall have a good one, see yall in a day or so! 

25 comments:

  1. Glenda, I can't believe the weather you're having down there! Stay safe...I don't like the word 'tornado' at all!
    Thanks for all the great stuff you wrote about today! A lot of info to take in...exciting times coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're safe and sound, Glenda...and Casey,Debra and Billy, too!

    Glenda, do you know if and when there will be an official fan site for Casey? Usually the record label will set one up and keep the fans informed of progress on the singles and the album drop date as well as any future appearances or performances Casey may make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are right meme....thats exactly what the fan site does, keeps the fans informed. As to when and how it will be set up, I have no clue! I do know that Miranda Lambert is signed with Capitol which is also a Sony Nashville label and her mother does her fan club. So.....I don't know what's going to happen. I wish something would happen soon though, I'm getting antsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gloria! We're ok, we're used to having tornados all the time, but I'm still petrified of them! I've been through a few but one pretty bad one, that nearly took my life, so....I'm very thankful to be here. But it's all part of living in the belt....as they call it!
    As time progresses and the 1st single is released I'm a bit more informed about what's going to happen. So yall just hang in there and we will all work together to drive his success thru the roof!! I can't wait!! I'm so excited for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Glenda for your absolutely wonderful post. Was very impressed with "Casey James Southwest Blues article and to have been brought up-to-date! I am very happy for Casey. I'll be a fan for life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Glenda very much! I love your "Caseymania" - both, the old and the new wardrobe!!! This is a great !!! ...but little bit lighter (light- coloured) background..maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The site looks AWESOME!!! I really love the new look. Glad you kept your "down home" feel too. You do such a wonderful job with your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the new photo and LOVE the new look!!! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading all your info., looks like I am going to have to get the more expensive cable so I can get all the great country stations to follow Casey. LOL! I'll be going from $18/month to nearly $40 a month. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenda, I like the new look of your blog. Could you change the text to white so it stands out against the background? I have a little trouble reading it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda, I love this! Thank you for doing is for all of us! Thank you!

    Outi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glenda, you go girl!! Love your new decorations!! Awesome "Casey Southwest Blues"!! You're amazing at this..thank you for all you do! Thanks for all the knowledge and wisdom on what to do, or not to do, to help Casey! I'm praying that his path be directed by God and that he knows the one's to take and the one's to leave behind and that he will always be strengthened to stay true to God and the humble, sweet soul that we've all come to know and adore. I appreciate this site that you've prepared for us, so that we can just pull up a chair and enjoy your labor of love!! MAE777

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glenda, thank you so much for all your wonderful compliments on my pictures!! You're very sweet! I read your blog everyday and it's been really fun to open it up and see those pics on there! Keep up the great work, Caseymania looks awesome!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenn, sorry girl, I meant to get a message to you and make sure it was ok to use your pic for the main picture at the top of the page. I was thinking you gave me permission to use them on here before, but I didn't actually ask to do that, sorry, I meant to...so.....Can I?? lol... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everybody! Yall make me feel so worthwhile, like what I'm doing is important to you, and I'm so happy about that, because that's what I'm trying to do, keep people happy while we stay focused on our Casey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GLENDA, LOVE!!!!!!!!THE NEW LOOK,I THINK THATS THE PERFECT PIC OF CASEY, JUST LOVE THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE . YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB, OF KEEPING US FOCUSED. IV'E BEEN VOTING MY BEHIND OFF ON ALL THE DIFFERENT WALL VOTING SITES. WISH I COULD DO MORE, BUT I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW BUTI LOVE PARTISIPATING SOME, AT LEAST. I MISS THOSE LITTLE YELLOW LETTERS FROM CASEY. GUESS HE DOESN'T HAVE THE TIME YET. LINDA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glenda, Oh my gosh.... you are MORE than welcome to use the pics!!! You're doing a great job keeping the Casey love alive!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glenda,I like your new look and I especially like the pictures of Casey. What a doll!!!! Thanks again for all your hard work and this website is the highlight of my day. Keep up your wonderful work!!!!

    Susan/St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank yall so much! Every time I go to reading all those other blogs I start to thinking what a bad writer I am. Well, I'm not trying to win any contests here, I'm just writing and posting from my Texas heart. And I want yall to feel like your pulling up a chair and having a conversation with me. I don't know alot of fancy words to use, and probably wouldn't if I did. I'm just a straight talker, I tell it like it is. And it warms my heart every time I read your comments, it means I'm connecting with at least some of you. I don't try to sugar coat anything and I'll always say what I believe to be true and correct. Thanks to all of you who are hanging in there with me. I love music and I love Casey James' music and I fully intend to do everything humanly possible to get and keep his name going strong in the Country music world!! I'm so glad yall are liking the new 'wardrobe' we've put on!! :D I went back and lightened the center posting area so it was easier to read! Thanks so much for the feedback and for loving what I love to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glenda, just checked the site before I left for work (haven't had time the last few days...VERY busy) and it looks TERRIFIC...LOVE IT!! I really like the new set-up! Thanks for all that you do on this site! Casey fans really appreciate it! Thanks, too, for all the great info you've been sharing with us all!!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. One reason I love your site so much, Glenda, is because you are so personable! I read almost every day when I can and I've seen you write in the comments section so many times when others here needed help with finding something. I think your site IS professional, warm, and beautiful, and comfortable! Your share enough of the right information that all Casey fans want to see and hear about, beautiful pics of Casey, songs, and information. I come here to relax and catch up and I DO feel at home here! Thanks for keeping it real!! Love MAE777

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your blog Glenda, and THANKS for keeping it going! I agree with MAE777, your enthusiasm and heartfelt reactions are perfect! Hope the weather doesn't cause too much more havoc out your way. We are starting fire season here in California--we bite our nails through it every year!
    Heather aka thankyoublues

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok thanks alot ladies! I feel much better now! Like I said before, I'm not trying to be a professional writer, I don't have the schooling for that, but I love just writing from my heart and I love keeping yall informed about what's going on with our boy, when I can find out, that is! Ha! Ha! I'm so glad yall are liking how we're dressed now....I'm still doing a little stuff here and there, trying to take all traces of American Idol off of here, so that is does represent an artist, not a reality show finalist! Thank yall so much for giving me the confidence to go on with this, cause I love doing it, and I will be posting alot of stuff as soon as his career takes off and he gets a tour schedule, and when his single will drop and when the album will drop and all that other good stuff. It will be a little dry on news for awhile, but soon, we will be talking about alot of things concerning Casey! Thanks for hanging with me yall....love yall for it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you just write from your heart! Thank you Glenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glenda, everything you do is MOST appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete